点击数：12222019/5/27 15:29:57 来源: 广东专插本辅导网
Part N Cloze Test(10 points)
Directions: There are 10 blanks in the following passage. For each numbered blank there are 4 choices marked A. B. C and D. Choose the best one and mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET cith a single line th rough the center.
In China it is relatively usual to ask people their age, but in the West this question is generally regarded as impolite. This is particularly true 76 women, and even more so?if the inquirer is a man.
However,it is very 77 to ask children their age, and some adults may not mind being asked either. In fact, some elderly people are quite happy to 78 their age, especially if they feel they look young for their age. Nevertheless, it is not very wise to ask a(n)79 question like"How old are you". If elderly people want to talk about their age, and perhaps receive a compliment on how young they look, they may easily 80 the topic themselves,and ask the other person to guess how old they are. For such a question. It is quite acceptable to discuss age_81_ .They normally expect to be complimented on their youthfulness. though rather than 82 that they look very old!
83 Westerners do not usually ask people directly how old they are. this does not mean that they are not interested to know how old other people are. They may ask someone else for the information, 84 they may try to approach the topic indirectly. Sometimes discussions about educational background and the number of years of working experience may provide some clues, but this is not always the 85.
76. A. on B. for C in D. of
77. A. Average B. normal C. expected D. unusual
78. A. reveal B, strange C. release D. remark
79. A. Open B. strange C.impolite D.direct
80. A. bring about B. bring up C. bring along D. bring to
81. A. free B. freedom C. Freely D. in free way
82. A. being told B. told C. to tell D, to be told
83. A. Though even B. Ever C. Even that D. Even though
84. A, rather than B. or else C. so else D. still else
85. A. truth B. case C.reality D. fact